Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Hamlet Vocabulary Words #2

Consummation - the act of consummating; completion; noun

Contumely - 
insulting display of contempt in words or actions; contemptuous or humiliating treatment; noun

Beguile - 
to influence by trickery, flattery, etc.; mislead; delude; verb

Unction - 
an act of anointing, especially as a medical treatment or religious rite; noun

Cicatrice - new tissue that forms over a wound and later contracts into a scar; noun

Superflous - being more than is sufficient or required; excessive; adj.

Requiem - 
a celebration of this Mass; noun

Augury - 
an omen, token, or indication; noun

Felicity - 
a source of happiness; noun

Calamity -
a great misfortune or disaster, as a flood or serious injury; noun

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Even I have to improve a lot on my vocab. I am very much busy with my Bar Exam Prep now days that I don’t get time to work on the vocabulary. I am happy I came across this post. I must follow your blog religiously from now on.

    ReplyDelete